(ASCEND) Dial in analog - pipeline 75

Hello,

        I just got things worked out so that i can use both data channels
on my pipeline 75 to connect to work.

        Problem is, i was expecting it to drop a data channel and
answer incoming analog phone calls. I have one of the
analog lines connected to my fax machine. But with both channels
connected when i tried calling in on the analog line
i got a busy signal!! Somebody *please* tell me
that i'm doing something wrong!! I need the analog line to pick
up - isn;t this just what Bandwidth on Demand is supposed
to do??

TIA,
 Graham