(ASCEND) Ascend 4048 Problem

At 11:02 AM 4/17/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Daniel,
>
>I take it that 4048 is working just super! I apologize for the delay.
>Customs held it up in New York (and they are God, neither we nor FEDEX
>could get them to speed things along) over the Easter weekend.
>
>Let me know how its working for you.

Well after setting up the Ascend 4048 and plugging in our PRIs, we have a
problem.

We have been unable to make a single 56K connection to the 4048.  The best
we have seen is a 26.4K V.34 connection.   We have tested it with several
modems and locations with the same results.

We have contacted Ascend, and they recommended that we upgrade to the
latest firmware, and we did, but we still get the same results.

Unless we can get the 56K modems operational, we will be returning this
equipment.

If you have any suggestions, please let us know.

Dan