Re: (ASCEND) Phantom connections

I have similar problem after I upgrade to 6.0Ap02.  After a few minutes
of connection, there are no more receive signals from MAX.  It seems to
be Rockwell's firmware version 1.160 with some of the USR type modems.
I have courier and sporster with latest firmware and they all work well
at 5.0Ap33 but have similar problem under 6.0Ap02 and 5.0Ap48.  6.0Ap02
and 5.0Ap48 are using the same Rockwell firmware 1.160 while 5.0Ap33 use
1.140.

Willie

>From: root <root@ns1.ntrnet.net>
>Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 16:50:39 -0400 (EDT)
>Subject: (ASCEND) Phantom connections
>
>I recently upgraded my Maxen to 5.0Ap48 release software and things
seemed
>to work fine for a few days....Now, I have customers complaining about
>"phantom connections"!!  They said they can dial in and be using the
>service and surfing the web and all of a sudden they cannot surf
anywhere
>or do anything, yet their Win95 or Apple or Win 3.1 dialers and
software
>show the connections are still up!!!  They have picked up phone lines
and
>can still hear the modems chattering, but cannot route or do anything
>until they hang up and redial in.  We are using K56Flex modems and
IP/RIP
>only as far as protocols.  We have the ISDN software loaded as well.
The