RE: (ASCEND) Monitoring Peak Capacity?

Please note that wanLineActiveChannels indicates number of channels at
polling time. That is, you may miss to detect real "peak" value between
polling interval.

There is another Mib which keeps real peak channel usage in call.mib.

  callStatusHighWaterMark OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          INTEGER
      ACCESS          read-write
      STATUS          mandatory
      DESCRIPTION     "The highest number of channels ever used on the
                       wide area network since power up. Nailed channels,
                       if any, are also included in this count. Its value can
                       be set to zero with a SET command."
      ::= { callStatusGroup 3 }

I'm reading and resetting this counter every five minutes and drawing
channel activity graph with MRTG.

Toshiharu OHNO