Re: (ASCEND) Manifest of Hope

> Well, while I like Ascend, the network hardware market is a competitive
> arena and you should go ahead and proceed with replacing it.  Maybe you
> can arrange some demo models from Cisco or Lucent or 3Com and see which
> one works best in your environment before you spend any more money.
> Once you have done your evals, then go ahead and dump the Ascend products
> - don't wait to sell the Ascends first.

 The Cisco 3600 with the 8 U-Interface BRI ports is a hot products to
terminate BRI's, I evaled one and it rocked, I haven't had a chance
yet to load it up to full capacity yet to see if it still rocks on
a full load, but the Debug you can get off a CISCO is Grade A Kick Ass.
Not the weirdo Hex dump you get from Ascend, If I can't get a 1800
solution that works for me, I might have to lean towards the 3600 myself.

Jason Nealis
Director Internet Operations / Network Access
Erols Internet