Re: (ASCEND) NAT, Pipe75, stops routing.

FWIW: As a support tech for a major (in my opinion) Ascend VAR, I help
customers configure P50s and P75s for single-ip NAT at least once a week.
Our tech department receives well over 100 new tech calls a week on a
variety of problems with a huge variety of vendor's equipment (check our web
site for a list of what we sell and service). Since November of last year,
We've received 3 calls on NAT lockups, all single IP. On 2 of them the
customer gave up and subnetted his customer(one of those was approx 10+
P50s); the last one is a current open ticket (200711) from last week. Does
Ascend have a bug in NAT? I think so. Does it affect a majority of users?
Not from my experience. Just my opinion, of course,and as it says below
"Your mileage may vary".

Thanx,

Mark

At 01:49 PM 4/14/98 -0700, you wrote:
>At 09:28 PM 4/7/98 +0100, Neil J. McRae wrote:
>>
>>At 07:01 AM 4/6/98 -0700, Matt Holdrege wrote:
>>
>> >For those who say they are having a problem, please post what software rev
>> >you have and if you've opened a ticket with the TAC. FWIW, we have a heck
>> >of a lot of people using NAT and they aren't all having problems.
>>
>>I doubt the above. Although one and a half out of ten for marketing skill.
>
>PLEASE, anyone (beside MATT and I) that is using NAT on the P75 without having
>to worry about it.....speak up now.
>
>>Kevin also wrote that his Pipeline works fine.
>>"My grannys big toe could route packets better" I chant!
>
><horror story snipped>
>
>I'll be sure to tell my Pipe85 and Pipe 75 that they are not playing along
>then.
>
>When I say my Pipeline works fine, it is a) a fact and b) a data-point to
>compare to. They *DO WORK* in NAT mode. I've not had one single problem with
>the P85 since it was installed (about a month ago) for example. I've run with
>versions from 5.1Ap6 all up to 6.0.0 which it's currently running
>(or is it lying to me ;)
>
>NOW BEFORE YOU get mad at me again, note I said *MY* P75 works. I understand
>that some people are not having as much success. They need help from TAC and
>maybe software upgrades, maybe configuration changes. But to just plainly say
>that the thing does NOT work kinda conflicts with observations from others
>like
>me.
>
>OK, I'll give you the old "YMMV" on this one.
>
>In the meantime, the more information we get to TAC on specific problems, the
>quicker we'll get everyone up and running.
>

>Kevin
>

>++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
>To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request@bungi.com
>To get FAQ'd:	<http://www.nealis.net/ascend/faq>