(ASCEND) Re: P50 load problem

From: Jan Koum  <jkb@best.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 18:08:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: (ASCEND) Pipeline50 upgrade problem (from 5.1A to 6.0.2)

        Hello all,

        Something is very odd -- and I don't think I am on crack. I am
trying to upgrade my pipeline 50 to 6.0.2 firmware. It is running 5.1A
right now. I can't do tftp upgrade (ohh.. how I wish I could) since this

is an older model. I am left only with a 1K Xmodem serial port upgrade.
However, when I try to do so, I get "Transfer canceled by remote
system".
I tried to upgrade my hyperterm -- no luck. Used different software
- -- still no luck. And I won't get into troubles of trying to do so
with

Two things,

I don't remember that the P50's cannot use TFTP, so this still should be

an option (I've got a 4.6bi3 coded P50 here S/N 5355157 that has
tcodeload in debug)

On the XModem - check to make sure you have no flow control set, and
that the cable you use
ignores DTR/DSR signals - I believe your terminal software is reacting
to the RS232 signals, or lack
of them on the P50 .