Re: (ASCEND) Quake2 and Nat

At 12:13 AM 4/12/98 -0700, Bennie Warren wrote:
>I thought I read here somewhere about quake2 won't work with NAT. Is this
>true? I just got a P85 so I could set up and play Quake once in awhile.
>Right now the PC just says
>
>Searching for local servers, this could take up to a minute, so please be
>patient.
>
>Well it's been looking for about 10 minutes. This pc worked great on my
>switch at the office. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Here's a good page w/ alot of useful info on getting Quake to work w/
single and multi IP NAT.(Q2 is almost the same when it comes to how it
talks to servers)

Haven't tested it myself, i may one of these days.  I'm currently blessed
w/ static IP's from my ISP.(a.k.a employer)

---
kevin

ISDN Support Staff                         drule@flash.net
Flashnet Communications                     [Quake is law]