Re: (ASCEND) Pipeline50 upgrade problem (from 5.1A to 6.0.2)

At 11:13 PM 4/11/98 -0700, Matt Holdrege wrote:

>As our manual suggests, the supported asynch method for loading code is to
>use Procomm Plus for DOS. Windows can have serious problems with the serial
>driver. Hyperterm doesn't always work. You can try rebooting your PC and
>make sure that no other applications are running and you *might* get
>hyperterm to work. Or try another PC.

I've had no trouble at all using Hyperterminal under Win95 to upgrade
Pipeline 50's and 75's.  Had a close call one time.  My 3D screen saver
kicked in.  I ran across the room and jiggled my mouse just in time.  It
racked up a few CRC errors but the load still worked...

---
kevin

ISDN Support Staff                         drule@flash.net
Flashnet Communications                     [Quake is law]