Re: (ASCEND) International 1800's

On Wed, Apr 08, 1998 at 10:07:49PM -0700, Michael S. Hyman wrote:
> Does anyone have the ISDN provisioning specs for France and Germany?
>
> Apparently Ascend sells a product specifically for International use and
> does not have ANYONE who can support it. Nice Move Ascend!!
>
> We have these in the Uk and have no problems, but the German and French
> systems ring, answer and try to sync modems but them disconnect. Tech
> support, with contract, was no help.

Germany: Pretty easy. Just get a DSS1 (EURO) PRI or a bundle of BRIs
called "Anlagenanschluß" (PBX connect). On the PRI you use NET 5, on the
BRIs you use NET 3 PTP. This works almost flawless.

Ring, Answer, beep each other and give up with modems ? Are you sure both
ends (the customer modem and the Max) are set to A-Law correctly ?

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft) beck@ibh-dd.de XLink PoP Dresden | o |