Re: (ASCEND) 56K modem disconnects

On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, FastWave - Ascend MAX wrote:

> > Has anyone had any complaints with the 56K Flex modems disconnecting at
> > random?  I have three Max 4048 boxes with 2 - 24 count modem cards in each.

I have had very few random disconnects using K56 modems, but I do have
trouble with the Max sometimes simply failing to answer calls.  I think it
MIGHT be related to the fact that some calls last for an exceptionally
long time (several days).  It happens about once a week or once every
other week - anyone trying to dial in simply gets a busy signal, after a
long pause.  Other than the occasional extended-length call, this
particular Max is under VERY light load - one PRI with typically about
half a dozen calls on it at most, all analog, using RIPv1.  It has
software revision 5.0Ap36.  Existing calls are not dropped.  The only fix
that I have been able to find is to reset the unit.  Even if all calls are
dropped, the Max does not begin answering calls again.

Anyone else seen this?