(ASCEND) Problems with 6.0.2 upgrade

well we did it... Unfortunetly...  We upgraded over the weekend to 6.0.2
and now are having tons of problems.. I would appreciate if anyone that
has problems like this would let me know, and hopefully they have a solution

1.  After upgrading 2 Max 4004, we found that packets would quit
routing correctley.   Customers would dial in and get connected and they
could ping the Max that they dialed into, but could get any further.  A
quick fix was to put 4 T1's on 1 Max... (which works, but was advised by
other ISP's and even a person at Ascend that a Max really works best with
only 3 T1's).  This fixed the routing problem for now.... I think there
may be some problem with my Proxy Arp config, but Ascend has told me that
it should be set to Active.     This problem can actually wait for a
little bit.

2. The more pressing issue is absolutley horrible performance problems.
We are having customers getting disconnected and they are also having a
problem when the surf for about 4-6 minutes their connections stops.  The
are not hung up, but traffic doesn't get to them.  I have looked at the
route tables and everything looks good, but they don't get any incoming
traffic.  I can't ping the Max or anything.   Ascend best answer was to
put 5.0ap42 backon... Which I tried and it did not work per the
instructions they gave me.

Any help will be appreciated on suggestions to fix this

Best Regards
Chris

|Christopher E. Nichols (Pres.)  World Ramp Incorporated                  |
|chris@worldramp.net             A Professional Internet Services Company |
|Orlando, Florida                Phone (407)740-5987  Fax (407)740-7250   |
|          Be Happy :-) 						  |