Re: (ASCEND) V.90 Status?

On Wed, 08 Apr 1998, Craig Salmond wrote:
>On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, Jason Nealis wrote:
>
>> with Ascend's history they would want that 6000 to be the most stable
>> product they have, Why put V.90 on it day one?
>	I was in Atlanta for a Symposium, and the 3COM guy said "V.90 will
>work just as V.34 did" as far as deployment and workability.

3Com , btw, are now bloating that they (USR) are the "First in the world to keep
up with technology and release the 'international standard 56k modem'
software... The flash upgrade is now available for the USR Messager and the
sportster is due out in May...

Meanwhile.. <looks into crystal ball> October 20, 2001 on this list I see a post
with the subject line "V.90 for MAX 4xxx .. still waiting..."
We're now starting to get antsy customers.. now that they got their nice flashy
(pardon the pun) USR Messager modems and find that they still can't get 56k...
(cos we still don't do v.90).

 Any news yet ?

 --

	Leland E. Vandervort
    lelandv@innotts.co.uk / leland@innotts.com

         the internet in nottingham, ltd.
Your Internet Service Provider for the East Midlands
    Dialup, Routed/Dedicated ISDN, Leased Line
           http://www.innotts.co.uk/
             [+44] (0)115 956-2288