(ASCEND) Hard Timeout settings

I know this is in TFM but I've never been able to invoke the spell
properly, for some reason.

Without putting it in the radius stuff, I want to set the maxen to
time out from inactivity (in BOTH directions) after 30 minutes of
no traffic.

Then I want timeout on the session regardless at 8 hours.

For everyone the same, all PPP connections except those with hard
connection profiles in the max.

I'm sure there is a way to do this, but everything I try either
doesn't work or kills the connection during ftp downloads, as if it's
only seeing "traffic" from one direction.

All maxen are 5.0Ap38 except one which is Ap42 and are only supporting
IP PPP MPP with static routes.

Any help much appreciated.

'Shot