(ASCEND) Re: Connecting 2 DSLTNTs via SDSL

>> nope. We're doing *LOTS* of this with great
results. Kudos to all the
>> Ascend folk who've worked tirelessly on making this
work and work great.
>> I wish all code would work this smoothly for
everyone.

> Agreed. Ascend has also helped us a lot over the
past several months!

Alas, I bet both of you are on the correct side of the
Pond. Here in central europe, we get to deal with
"resellers", which often times are a monopoly of
equipment and information. Needless to say, the
support can, at times, be rather poor, and often seems
more interested in doing things that line the
resellers pockets than being of use to the customer.

A case in point: The provider that I am contracted to
wanted to implement various filters for dialin
customers in RADIUS. The reseller wanted on the order
of a thousand dollars to implement this. AT this point
in time (several years ago), I didn't know *ANYTHING*
about Filtering with Ascend Radius. However, a 15
minute perusal of the manuals allowed me to implement
the filters with RADIUS pretty much on the first go.

On the specific problem of connecting 2 DSLTNTs
together over SDSL, the reason I asked here is because
the reseller said that "it should be possible" but was
unable to provide any further details or information.
I'd bet they'd be willing to set it up (for the
appropriate, outrageous fee), though.

                                        /AWF