(ASCEND) upgrade to 7.0.4

hi,

i tried upgrading one of our maxes (4000) from 6.1.3 to 7.0.4 code, but
couldn't make it work with the new code (i noticed a new System Menu in the
7.0.4 code, it replaced the Serial WAN menu with Reserved menu,
right?)users logging on to the max couldn't get any connection (ip can't be
ping) although they are assigned with an ip... what i did was  downgrade it
back to 6.1.3 code but the problem's still the same and i noticed that the
reserved menu is still there... i tried to downgrade it from 6.1.3 to
5.0ap36 and it worked fine...(noticed that the reserved menu was replaced
back by the Serial WAN menu)... hoping that it would work if i upgrade it
back to 6.1.3, i did, but found out that the reserved menu (got from 7.0.4)
AGAIN appeared on the system menu, and it took me back to the problem...
help, any suggestions on how to make it work back with the 6.1.3 code...i
need to run 6.1.3 code to support our v.90 users....

thank you
Arvin Cada