Re: (ASCEND) advise on 7.0.4

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, daniel Provencher wrote:

> 	Does someone have any experience or advise about the version 7.0.4..?
>
> 	i using 7.0.0 now, but still have problem with it (nothing new) so i would
> like to know how good is 7.0.4, and if it break like 7.0.3 does.

Yes, avoid it like the plague.  We dropped back to 6.1.24 after our callers
(analog and ISDN) began experiencing 'pausing' problems.  Data would just
stop transmitting for a period of time and then resume.  Dropping back to
6.1.24 corrected the problems.  We were also getting various warnings and
even lost ethernet capabilities (system didn't reboot and still had calls,
just no ether activity) after a bit.  I wish Ascend would release a 6.1.x
with the updated modem code.  (Provided thats not whats causing these
pausing problems...)