Re: (ASCEND) New TNT and CSMX cards

>But have you been able to get uptimes of 250+ days (my current uptime on
>my last-upgraded border router) on a TNT?  That is reliability...  ;-)

Not even close. Our TNT has been up, lessee... 16 days since I had to move
the damn HDLC card above the CSMX card and then had to reboot because Frame
Relay wouldn't come back up. The card move didn't even help due to the slow
HDLC card boot time.

There's something in every release that I need, whether it be a bug fix or
a feature. I'll be loading whatever's next for the feature where I can
allocate HDLC resources on different card types seperately. 7.0.4 is pretty
nice tho...

I wonder if I'd do the same thing if I was running Cisco. They haven't
released anything in the last 250+ days that you want to run on that
router? I guess I can take that to mean they got everything right the first
time (in this material world!), or they don't release updates, or you're
extremely stoic about the niggling issues that it has. ;-)