Re: (ASCEND) New TNT and CSMX cards

>From: "William R. Charnock" <charnock@fastlane.net>
>
>I am curious -- I have a TNT with 6 CSMX cards and 1 HDLC-2 card.  I put
>the HDLC-2 card in above all the other cards and set the call-routing to
>slot-first.  I still am getting ISDN calls routed to the CSMX cards
>(thereby eliminating the modem for analog use).  Can I simply delete the
>call-routing profile for these cards that handles the digital calls?

If you set digital-call-routing=slot-first and have the HDLC card(s) above
the CSMX card(s), digital (nailed T1 and ISDN) calls should fill the HDLC
card first. Perhaps the HDLC card's processors are being filled by nailed
connections? IME with a v1 HDLC card, it comes up after the CSMX card, so
nailed profiles use the CSMX card regardless of your efforts.

If you delete the call-routing profile that will prevent ISDN calls from
hitting the CSMX cards, but it will also prevent ISDN calls from
overflowing to them.

There just isn't a good way to handle this yet. Ascend says they're working
on it.

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/