RE: (ASCEND) 6.1.7 & USR Sportster V.90

>> Anyone else having problems with v6.1.7 on
>> a MAX 4000 series and USR Sportsters using V.90?
>>
>> We're having a number of complaints from USR
>> users getting dropped, pausing, you name it--
>> all of your old USR favorites are back with their
>> new v.90 code.
>>
>> Anyone else having these problems?

Hmmm ... maybe.  We've had two or three reports,
which is a lot since we normally have none.
And they all were Sportsters.

But: there's a lot of different Sportsters.
Any chance you can find out what kind (winmodem,
voice, data/fax) and what code version(s)??

Likewise - I'll see if there's any correlation
on this end, too.  (FWIW, we have a LOT of
Sportster internal data/fax modems dialing in,
as well as Courier v.everything, all running
some version of 3Com/USR v.90 code just fine.)

Bob McCormick