Re: (ASCEND) IP Addresses needed for 4048

Because for pool summary to work, it has to be a valid netblock (power of
2) which 48 addresses is not.  32 (/27) or 64 (/26) will do, but 32
leaves you with 18 modems with no IP.  You could try VLSM and use a /27
and a /28 for 48 addresses, but you lose 2 IPs per network leaving you
with 44 IPs, not 48.  I also don't know if VLSM works on the Ascend side.
In theory, I guess you could get passed VLSM by using a /27 from one /24
and a /28 from another, but you still get stuck being 4 IP addresses
short.

Joe Shaw - jshaw@insync.net
NetAdmin - Insync Internet Services