RE: (ASCEND) Pipeline 15 Questions

We have bought several P15 for our clients (PC clients running win95 DUN)
and we experienced the same problem. The pipeline 15 only connects at 56K
not 64K.  We fixed 2 of them by puting 10 digits as the phone number.
However, there is one I still cannot figure out why it won't connect at
64K. I have done exactly as before and it still only connects at 56K. Also,
it never make a connection the first time it connects. I have talked to a
local Ascend rep. and have not got any clue yet.

Daniel

At 10:06 AM 3/30/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Never got it working right so RMA'd it and got a 25.
>
>Bennie
>
>>56/64K:
>>If you are in Pac Bell land, you must dial 10 digits to get 64K, unless
>>you are connected to the same switch as the destination number is.
>>[Pretend it is long distance.]
>>
>>Sorry, but I can't help you with Mac stuff.
>>
>>Hope this helps,
>>Steve LaDuke

>>> server. The Pipeline appears to be working ok. In fact, I'm using it
>>> right
>>> now. However, I have a few questions and observations.
>>>
>>> At first, I couldn't hang up and reconnect the Pipe. I had to cycle
>>> the
>>> power before reconnecting. I flashed the Pipe with the latest firmware
>>> (1.0.0) and that seemed to solve the problem. Anybody else seen this
>>> before?
>>>
>>> Also, I appear to only be connecting at 56k instead of 64k. If I use
>>> both B
>>> channels, both still connect at 56k. I'm specifically using the 64k
>>> modem
>>> scripts that were supplied from Ascend, and they do appear to be using
>>> the
>>> correct commands (i.e. S68=64 and %A4=0). Other ISDN customers are
>>> connecting to my Max4048 at 64k, so I'm confident it's not the server.
>>> Could the quality of the wiring in my house cause the Pipe to use 56
>>> instead of 64? When the Telco guys were connecting the line to the
>>> outside
>>> box, they said that my internal wiring was not twisted pair and that
>>> my
>>> ISDN modem may or may not work with that kind of wiring. Obviously it
>>> works, but it's not doing 64k.
>>>
>>> Finally, OT/PPP does not appear to support 230400 bps. The scripts set
>>> the
>>> serial port speed to 115200 by default. If I manually edit them to
>>> 230400,
>>> the modem won't dial out. Setting it back to 115200 lets the modem
>>> work
>>> again. I can use Zterm at 230400 with the Pipe, so I don't think it's