Re: (ASCEND) Hi im Sandra (fwd)

Once upon a time Steve Camas shaped the electrons to say...
>No matter how much you try to stop people, boneheads will still find ways
>to post their crap to this and other lists.  I have recently adopted a

Running a list where only members can posts slashes spam to almost nil.
I did this on the Lucent RABU lists, as well as lists I run for a musician
friend of mine.  Spam like that just dried up, and I'd see it in the admin
folder so I knew when it was tried.  Very, very few spammers will go to
any trouble at all - they aren't going to subscribe to a list just to email
to it.  Rather they use a shotgun method - email scores of addresses and
it some don't get through, big deal.

-Mz
--
<URL:mailto:megazone@megazone.org> Gweep, author, webmaster, human being, me
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 781-788-0130