(ASCEND) IP over X.25 and Ascend-Xmit-Rate

Two things I am working on..

First, is it possible to get the Ascend-Xmit-Rate and Data-Rate in the
Auth packet?  Or instead, do checkpoints provide all the info in a stop
packet, so I could just pick up connect speeds in those?  (I'm not
currently doing checkpoints..)

Second, does anyone have X.25 over IP working?  I want to test it out 1800
-> 1800 over some BRIs, but our Pacific Bell rep does not even know it
exists and is trying to learn.  Is anyone in California doing this?  I
worked through the config for X.25, and I don't see any way to initiate B
channels if the X.25 link saturates (X.25/IP disables Dial #).