Re: (ASCEND) SNMP Monitoring/MRTG solution

Ive just realised that if you have clients who are MP'ing their B channels on
say an ISDN, that it only seems to calculate the one port (I assume its the
first one).

I have heard that 6.x has a new OID for MPP calls so another hack could fix it
up - we havent installed 6.x here yet - Id prefer to wait till I know there
arent any bugs.

But, FWIW, here is the script - works great for 64K calls! :-)

nb: THIS IS DIRTY HACK programming - but it works!

----------------------

#!/bin/bash

ifa=`snmpwalk $maxipa public ip.ipRoutingTable.ipRouteEntry.ipRouteIfIndex |
grep <ip_addr_of_rmtgateway> | awk '{print $3}'`

rm /usr/local/mrtg/mrtg.cfg

mrtgcfg=/usr/local/mrtg/mrtg.cfg

echo "WorkDir: /home/httpd/staff/test/mrtg" >$mrtgcfg
echo "Target[r1]: $ifa:public@$maxipa" >>$mrtgcfg
echo "MaxBytes[r1]: 128000" >>$mrtgcfg
echo "Title[r1]: Traffic Analysis" >>$mrtgcfg
echo "PageTop[r1]: <H1>IF A</H1> ">>$mrtgcfg

mrtg mrtg.cfg

Adam