Re: (ASCEND) MAXdial and PPP

I tried using Maxdial that came on a CD with a few P50's.
I have two 4004's and a 4048 all within the same ether segment and two
on the same class C as my win95 box. MaxDial could "see" my Ascend
boxes so that was as far as I got with MaxDial....

Llabona, Nelson wrote:

> Group,
>
> has anyone successfully used MAXdial to establish a PPP connection ?
>
> For example:
> User is on corporate LAN, uses MAXDial "com 3" to access
> a modem off of the MAX, dials his ISP and establishes
> a PPP connection with his ISP.
>
> So far, I have tested NT4.0 (it freezes) and Windows 95
> (can ping NIC IP address and NIC def. gateway and
> PPP IP address, but all other pings and traffic fail).
>
>         User
>    |-----------------------------------------|
>                 Max
>                 WAN
>                 ISP
>
> Any feedback is appreciated.
>
> Sincerely,
> Nelson Llabona
> ++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
> To unsubscribe: send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request@bungi.com
> To get FAQ'd:   <http://www.nealis.net/ascend/faq>

-- Tim Connolly tec@mountain.net     MountainNet, Inc.
-- (304) 594-9075 ext. 37            2816 Cranberry Square
-- fax (304) 594-9088                Morgantown, WV 26505