Re: (ASCEND) restricting access via called-station-id

> Technique A:
> Ideally, I would like to be able to use the following syntax in my Access
> Control users file:
>
> test    Password=whatever, Called-Station-Id = 123-4567
>
> But "called-station-id" is purely an accounting item, not available in user
> profiles.

What version of MAX software are you using?

Called-Station-Id is definitely not "purely an accounting item" in either
the RADIUS standards or the Ascend MAX software (in 6.0.0 at least).  The
MAX will always include the "Called-Station-Id" and "Calling-Station-Id"
in the Access-Request (if they are known).

You can use a line like the following for authentication:

    test	Password = "foo", Called-Station-Id = "1234567"