Re: (ASCEND) In Defense Of Ascend...

At 12:29 PM 3/22/98 -0800, nicole@webweaver.net wrote:
>I belive that it is rather obvious to note that they support all the $$$$
platforms but none of the excelent Gnu and Freeware around! A horible trend
that I am seeing more and more.

Trend? I've been working with Unix for nearly 15 years and I've only seen
slight glimpses of commercial application support for freeware OS's in the
last two years.

Freeware unix runs freeware apps. Commercial application vendors have
always selected the commercial OS's.

There is freeware Radius and freeware SNMP that anyone can run to use
Ascend equipment.

Matt Holdrege		http://www.ascend.com	matt@ascend.com