(ASCEND) Need Help: AT&T Keep-In-Touch Modem on Cell Phone

We have a new subscriber (AOL convert) that uses a 14.4Kbs AT&T
Keep-In-Touch PCMCIA modem on his Toshiba T1910CS portable computer.
This subscriber lives in a recreational vehicle and moves from location
to location on a daily basis. He uses his cell phone to connect to us.
The maximum connection data rate he can acheive is 4800bps. He claims
that when connected to AOL, he was able to connect at 9600bps to
14,400bps. I've searched for modem initialization strings for this modem
but couldn't find any. We're using a MAX4000 (5.0Ap36) with K56flex
cards and T1/PRIs.

Does anyone have any experience with modem/cell phone connections that
could help?
What is limiting the subscriber's bandwidth, the modem or the cell
phone?
Does anyone know of a modem initialization string that would work with
this modem?

Any help would be appreciated...thanks!

Kim W. Premuda
Technical Staff