(ASCEND) Pipeline 75

Hi,

   We have come across a strange problem one of our Pipeline 75 in the
   last few days. For a year and half, the existing configurations had
   been working fine. The problem is as follows :-

   Our customer who uses a Classic Pipeline 75 (5.1Ap9+) with 128k
   sometimes sees his 2nd channel drop for no reason. On the
   our side, we use the newer Pipeline 75 (5.1Ap9+). Both Pipelines have

       Switch Type=NI-1
       Chan Usage=Switch/Switch

       DBA Monitor=None
       Base Ch Count=2
       Min Ch Count=2  (in the Connection Profile as well as Answer)
       Max Ch Count=2

       Data Filter=0   (on the ethernet as well as WAN side)
       Call Filter=0

    The 2nd channel drops even at 0% or at 50% current line utilisation
    When it does go down, it does not come back up. Only after hanging up
    the line, do both channels come up but do not stay up for long. I
    tried setting the

        Add Pers=1
        Sub Pers=300

    on both sides thinking that this may be the source of the problem.
    But, the 2nd B channel drops even before the 300 sec
    mark. Initially, we thought by upgrading the Pipeline, hopefully the
    problem would disappear. After upgrading to 5.1Ap9, the problem is
    still there. For this particular ISDN circuit, I have also seen

    10-100
         Link D
         B1   *
         B2   *

     20-100 Sessions       20-500 DYN Stat
     1 customername        64K      0 channels
     0 Answer              CLU   0%  ALU   0%

     Then the 2nd channel sometimes does not connect at all, gets hung in
     the 'Answer' and then 'Call Terminated' shows as above. I am going to
     call Ascend tomorrow but has anyone experienced this kind of problem
     before or could throw a few suggestions on this kind of behaviour.
     Could it be a TELCO problem because we utilise a lot of Pipeline 75 &
     50 and have never seen this type of problem.

     Thanks in advance for your suggestions,

Claret