Re: (ASCEND) Connecting p75 to ISP

At 01:52 PM 3/19/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I have a pipeline 75 with 6.0 code that I use to connect to a MAX4002 at
work.
>I would like to use it to connect to my ISP (mindspring).
>What type of information do I need to find out from the ISP?
>
>I currently use NAT and the ISP will not give out a  remote address.

Well, not much you can do till you get some gateway address on mindspring's
side.  Try doing traceroutes do different sites while your connected to MS
and find a common router.  preferably one that is 2-3 hops away from you..
doesnt work all the time, but worth a shot.

----
kevin

ISDN Support Staff                         drule@flash.net
Flashnet Communications                     [Quake is law]