Re: (ASCEND) Making sure of IP assignment

What if you have some subnets needing fixed (non dynamic addresses) and
dial-in users who you want to be forced to use the dynamic addresses.

Surely the 'Pool Only = Yes' would interfer with the fixed devices.

Ian C

Christof Rohlaender wrote:

> Ethernet -- ModConfig --WAN Options
>
> Pool only = yes
>
> At 04:32 PM 3/18/98 -0600, Bob Tanner wrote:
> >Max 4002 with 4 DM-12 running ftbim.m40 6.0.0.
> >
> >I have some "smart guys" (read troublemakers) who think it is funny to
> >dial into the Max and reject the IP assigned to the port and then
> >assign themselves thier own IP address.
> >
> >The IP is valid on that segment, but not an IP I wish to be allocated
> >to the Max and dialup users. Is there anyway to force the user to
> >accept the IP address assigned from the Max and if they reject the IP
> >to terminate the call?
> >

> >--
> >Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700
> >http://www.real-time.com                | Fax   : (612)943-8500
> >Key fingerprint =  6C E9 51 4F D5 3E 4C 66 62 A9 10 E5 35 85 39 D9

> ++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
> To unsubscribe: send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request@bungi.com
> To get FAQ'd:   <http://www.nealis.net/ascend/faq>

| Ian Cowley    Network Design Consultant                          |
|        mailto:icowley@lsil.com or mailto:yelwoci@compuserve.com  |
|        WWW     http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/yelwoci  |
| LSI Logic Europe Ltd                    Tel:   +44-1344-413234   |
| Greenwood House, London Road,           Fax:   +44-1344-413114   |
| Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 2UB           http://www.lsilogic.com/ |