(ASCEND) Re: 6.0.0 on a Max

>From: Greg Skafte <skafte@worldgate.com>
>I haven't learned my lessons very well yet so I'm contemplating 6.0.0 for
>my max 4004 .... any comments ... warnings .... experiences good/bad ...
>that people are willing to share ....

Also being somewhat slow on the uptake, I'm running 6.0.0 on a 4004. No
problems whatever. I've run ftik.m40 with OSPF with no troubles, and I'm
now running fta.m40 with AppleTalk routing with no troubles.

My only caveat for those upgrading to 6.0.0 is that in past releases it was
advisable to do fclear, fsave, nvr between loads, but if you (try to) do
that under a Restricted load on your way to the Full load, as I did, you'll
discover that fclear works, but fsave doesn't. End of config.

Don't get clever. Follow the instructions _exactly_.

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   The San Francisco Bay Area's
415-459-7991 x102     Macintosh Internet Service Provider
415-459-7992 fax      http://www.infoasis.com/