Re: (ASCEND) GRF routers -- pros and cons

-----Original Message-----
From: Devin Ganger <devin@premier1.net>
To: ascend-users@bungi.com <ascend-users@bungi.com>
Date: Sunday, March 15, 1998 5:08 AM
Subject: (ASCEND) GRF routers -- pros and cons

>Does anyone out there have experience with the GRF 400 router?

We use the GRF 400 to connect our network to a T3 backbone via the HSSI
interface to a Kentrox T3 DSU.

While we are a small provider (<2000 customers), we are making a move to
become a mini-NAP as it were, and the Ascend products seemed right for us.
Right now I am considering upgrading the software Rev to the current
release, but I hate to take our router down for the 5 - 10 minutes it would
take, especially if Professer Murphy decides to pay a surprise on-site
visit.

At any rate, we haven't had any problems yet and I have found the Ascend
team to be very responsive whenever we _did_ have any problems (yes, we
elected to buy the support contract - yes it has paid for itself).

Don't know if this helps or not...

Tom