(ASCEND) Radiusd on DEC Alpha running RedHat 5.0

Okay... since I haven't been able to find a patch anywhere to allow the
radiusd-971222.tar.gz release to work on a Alpha running RedHat Linux 5.0
I'm attempting to work on a patch myself... So far the only error I get on
compile time is on line 848 of radiusd.c with the error:

	passing arg 6 of 'recvfrom' from incompatible pointer type

The line in question is this:

	length = recvfrom (fd, recv_buffer, sizeof (recv_buffer), 0,
		(struct sockaddr *) &saremote, &salen);

where the following are declared prior to that line:

	int	fd;
	char 	recv_from[MAX_RCVBUF_SIZE];
	struct sockaddr_in saremote;
	int	salen = sizeof (saremote);
	int	fd;

the value of 'fd' is actually sent to the function as a parameter the
others are all local... In the recvfrom documentation it declares the
prototype as:

	int recvfrom (int s, void *buf, int len, unsigned int flags,
		struct sockaddr *from, int *fromlen);

With this in mind the problem appears to be with the passing the address
of 'salen' which contains an integer to a pointer of type integer.

Again I am not sure if this is where the actual problem is but it is the
only warning/error message returned when radiusd is compiled. And this
error is in the handle_radius_request funtion of radiusd.

	Again any assistance would be appreciated as I have to get this
operation as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

	Sincerely,
	Jeremy T. Bouse
	System Administrator