Re: (ASCEND) More K56Cards failures...

The facility where mine failed was 60f-65f (there were occassions where the
A/C failed and the temp went up to 85 or so, but this happened maybe twice
(and we had fans, etc... to keep them cool).  While I wouldn't dismiss the
heat factor altogether, I would also say that I have several pre 645xxxx
maxen that are still operational and are in less than best condition
elements.  So, my theory is - maybe a batch of sub-standard materials during
production??  Just a guess.

At 09:33 AM 3/12/98 -0600, you wrote:

>I have 10 or so maxes that are pre-645XXXX that haven't given me any
>problems, except one bad modem card in one. Could this be because we keep
>them air conditioned...regulated..etc? Or am I just an accident waiting to
>happen?
>
>-andy
>

>>  Agreed, Plain and simple the Max's made prior to 645XXX are going
>> to die, That's what happened here, The fans they put in those boxes
>> are HORRIBLE! They did learn their lesson and put in improved fans.
>> the boxes they now put out are engineered 100% better than the
>> older models.
I do agree that the new boxes are engineered better, though.  I can tell
that through firmware upgrades... the newer maxen handle the binary upload
much much better than the older maxen.  With the older maxen, you NEVER know
what your going to get.

>++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
>To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request@bungi.com
>To get FAQ'd:	<http://www.nealis.net/ascend/faq>