Re: (ASCEND) DOV on the 4048

At 11:30 1998/03/11 -0500, Steve Hovey wrote:

>Ive just set up my first 4048 for PRI - my testers can do single and
>bonded dual channel connections of their data channels fine, but cannot
>establish a DOV connection.

>Also, the unit has 3 12 port k56 cards - the manual states that the ascend
>will try to route a voice call to a digital modem, unless one doesnt exist
>- does that mean I also need to pull these cards? (that would be ok since
>I dont want that router used for anything other than ISDN callers anyway)

removing the cards is one way to do it, and you could probably
sell them for a pretty penny too...

you could also do what we do in order to have both ISDN data
and modems in the same box, and still use DOVBS,
and that is multiple phone numbers...

one number when called via voice circuit goes to the modems,
the second phone number goes to HDLC data,
and should be entered in Ethernet->mod config->wan options->Ans #1

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D