(ASCEND) appletalk

I have never worked with MACs before but I have an upcoming project that
requires the following network.

LAN A  and LAN B are two Apple Talk LANs that will ultimately have TCP/IP
installed but my job is to join the two via either apple routing? or
bridging.  I am also to provide one LAN A with a dedicated 64K Internet
connection. my question is this...

Can I allow both LANs to communicate in a normal manner while applying some
type of call filter that will allow the pipeline to disconnect automatically
after hours? Do I need to install the AppleTalk software on the P50s and if
I do will I lose IP support?

Lost in a MAC world..
Leon