(ASCEND) Pipeline 25PX problems

    I've configured everything correctly, as I have a considerable
amount of experience with Cisco (I'm not new to ISDN). But this
particular office only required an Ascend Pipeline 25PX.  They want pots
support, so that they can have a dedicated connection to a provider, but
still use both B channels as Voice and Fax, and thereby save some cash
for other lines.  Here's the big issue.

    When dialing the first time into their ISP, I get a 128k 2B channel
connection.  If the voice phone on Pots1 is lifted, the ascend properly
interrupts B1 and changes to d (voice).  It provides the dialtone and
everything, and the voice call is kosher.   The problem occurs when the
Phone hangs up--the Ascend doesn't dial the ISP back on this second
channel--it just stays at 64k.  Now, If I pick up both phone lines, this
kills both B channels and when they're hung up the Ascend will redial
the ISP on both channels for a 128k connection again.  It just centers
around 1 B channel going to voice---it never redials again.  I thought
DBA was supposed to handle this, and Ascend hasn't been quick to respond
to this issue, so I thought I'd ask here.

    Note:  My Base, Min, and Max are set to 2, so that's not the
immediate answer.  Data usage is set to A+B, and Phone number A=A 3.1k
and Phone number B=B 3.1k

    I've tried multiple settings, the ISP is using a Livingstone PM-3,
and claims to have other Pipeline 25PX users that are getting this
function to work without a problem---so I'm sort of eliminating a
Livingston issue (they support MPP+, the PM-2 doesn't ).  Any ideas?

--
Scott L. Barber,serker@earthling.net
Pres/CEO, SERKER Worldwide, Inc.