Re: (ASCEND) MAX TNT Upgrade Problem

At 01:49 AM 3/7/98 -0800, Mike Jackson wrote:

>	I am currently running 1.3Ap24.  I wanted to upgrade to 2.0, so I
>downloaded it and tftp'ed the tntsrb.bin file to the TNT.  Then I rebooted
>the TNT and as expected, I was at the "BOOT> " prompt.  I then tried to
>format the flash card (Flash-Card-1).

An update on this problem:

If the format command is issued immediately after RESET, the system will
be hung. There is a window in the software which allows the
shelf-controller to read the slot card images out of flash while it is
formatting the flash card. (There is an open TR internal on this).

To avoid the hung, user can use "show" command to ensure all the
slot-cards (both master and slave shelves) are in the UP state before
issues the format command. Another solution is to run the 'slot -d'
command to down the non-UP slot cards before issuing the format command.
After format is done, run 'slot -u' to restart the card. The idea of
both solutions is to prevent the shelf-controller loading software from
the flash card.
<<<

Kevin