Re: (ASCEND) major problems upgrading older p75 with firewall to release 6.00

> since no one seems to believe me here are my problems upgrading a p75 older model
> with firewall... here is a log of  my problems..
>
> lqqqqqqqqqq LGK EDIT qqqqqqqqqqk
> xMessage #214                  x
> xCannot save profile           x
> x No space in NVRAM            x
> x                              x

This looks familiar to me ..

I just upgraded some Pipe-50's to 6.0.0 and that worked fine. But now if i want
to change some filter-profiles this is what i get in response .. "Cannot save profile bla bla"
I see this is on 2 different Pipes, older models w/switch. Both have one fully loaded Filter-
profile (12 in, 12 out), the other 2 are cleared.

I tried to trestore the new config, giving me "disk full or allocation exceeded". I then searched
a while but didn't find any disk attached to the Pipe. Yeah, that's old.
I tried to enter the whole config via "System/Sys Diag/Restore Cfg" but somewhere in the middle
the Pipe went to sleep. This looks like the little brother of your problem, somehow.

For now i found a workaround, go to "System/Sys Diag/Restore Cfg" and enter
START=FILT=200=0
END=FILT=200=0
END DOWNLOAD
<Ctrl>-C<enter>
, then go to Diag and fclear,fsave and nv.
Then repeat these steps but enter the real filter-profile, like
START=FILT=200=0
In filter 01...Valid=Yes
In filter 01...Type=IP
In filter 01...Generic...Forward=Yes
In filter 01...Ip...Forward=Yes
..
END=FILT=200=0
END DOWNLOAD
and again, fclear, fsave and nv. This way i was at least able to make it work, but anyway
there seems to be not enough memory for 6.0.0 to handle all filters. Again, once i have
all filters saved, it works flawless.

> we're still waiting for the IP only builds too...

<AOL> me too ! </AOL>

- Ralf