Re: (ASCEND) OSPF stable yet ?

> >From reading this list for a few months, I've seen a lot of problems listed
> relating to OSPF and how (un)reliable the implementation is on the Max's.
> We are now in a position where we want to move to OSPF routing so can
> anyone tell me if it is reliable enough to use across a live site without
> it falling over every other day.

OSPF in 5.0Ap42 is very stable, although there is a very slow memory leak
in that revision.  Ascend is working on it with us.  We're using 5.0Ap42
on all of our production routers at this point.

The memory leak is quite slow... the router that suffers from it the most
stays up for about two weeks before we need to reboot it.... the next router
in the hunt group just lasted 29 days before I had to reboot.

--
Bruce Robertson, President/CEO				     +1-702-348-7299
Great Basin Internet Services, Inc.			fax: +1-702-348-9412