Re: (ASCEND) 10-digit dialing, and a random sinking of the Max

At 18:48 1998/03/07 -0500, William T Wilson wrote:
>I'm hoping this won't be an issue, but...  Here in Denver we are switching
>to mandatory 10-digit dialing (area code must be dialed with all phone
>numbers).  I'm wondering if the Max 2000/4000 using PRI has any 'issues'
>dealing with such a situation (I know Windows 95 sure hates it!), and if
>it does have problems, which software version I must use to resolve it.  I
>am similarly concerned for the Pipeline 50, which I also have a couple of.

Here in Atlanta we've been using 10-digit dialing for about two years,
and the only problem I've seen are that sometimes a particular outbound call
requires "PRI # Type=Local" instead of "PRI # Type=National", but these are
usually to other LECs or to old BRI circuits that use non-NI1 configs.

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D