(ASCEND) Pipeline 75 will not drop from 128k to 64k

I am using Ascend Pipleline 75 with the 'new' 6.0 software.

When my MPP connection kicks up from 64k to 128k, it stays there, despite
the lack of demand for 2-B channels.  When the connection times-out, the
connection is dropped just fine, but the connection will not drop back to
1-B channel.

I have set the "add" parameter for 5 seconds and the "subtract" parameter
for 10 seconds, and the idle time out to 45 seconds.  I have the idle % at
0.

Also, I am not sure what the difference is in the 20-102 (Ethernet |
Connections | Session Options) line items:
	Idle =
	Preempt =

I have set them to 45, but the instructions seem to indicate that they are
the same parameter.

Thanks in advance.

John