Re: (ASCEND) dial out test

>I'm trying to dial out of a max4004 router that has a pri line hooked
>up to a customer's isdn number to see if the connection goes through.
>Is this possible?  I looked in the manual and saw a reference to
>dialing out via Ctrl-D (the DO command). Yet when I do a Ctrl-D
>all I get is:
>
>Main Edit Menu
>DO...
>>0=Esc
> P=Password
> C=Close TELNET
> E=Termsrv
> D=Diagnostics
>
>and no reference to the 'DO Dial' command.  Question:  is this the
>right commnd to see if a customer's isdn number can reach our ascend
>router (the customer complains that whenever he dials in, he gets the
>following message (disconnect received from reote - unallocated number -
>disconnection complete in channel B).  Yet the line shows quite a
>few users already logged into, so I'm guessing that some CO's are
>not routing isdn calls correctly to our router.  Secondly, why doesn't
>the DO Dial command come up when I do a Ctrl-D?

To get the DO Dial command, you need several things:

Adequate security privileges.
To be in the Ethernet>Connections menu, with the pointer next to (but not
_in_) the profile you want to dial.
The profile must have Telco Options>AnsOrig=Both or Call only.
The profile must have Dial #=[something].
The profile must be Active=Yes.

There's probably some other details in the profile, but those are the
obvious ones.

Peter Lalor
Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com