RE: (ASCEND) Call features (voice) on Pipeline 75

The 6.0 release notes spell it out fairly well. But I'll go into more
detail here.

The 6, 7 or 8 refer to the "call buttons" of an ISDN phone. These are
programmed into the switch. The National ISDN standard for these buttons is
69, 70 & 71 or something like that. I can't recall for sure.

But Nortel DMS switches have a memory problem in that if you use those high
number call buttons it eats up way too much memory on the switch. Since
Nortel has that problem, some carriers like Pacific Bell refuse to use the
standard call buttons and prefer using 6, 7 & 8 instead. They made that
decision a while ago since they have a lot of DMS switches serving Silicon
Valley and they have a whole lot of ISDN users there. Other parts of the
country that don't have a lot of ISDN users don't suffer from the Nortel
problem. So they support the standard numbers.

But to make a long story short, you still use the flash hooks. You just
need to make sure your carrier tells you what the call buttons should be
set to. This is on their BRI configuration template.