(ASCEND) Re: Ascend Pipeline 75 (not) routing

Michael Sjolin <qpkmisc@epk.ericsson.se> wrote in article
<34FC230F.558E@epk.ericsson.se>...
> Hi!
>
> I have a problem with an Ascend Pipeline 75
> that is not routing properly.
>
> I had a Pipeline 25 before and it worked like
> a charm so the other end is ok.

Your configuration data for the P25 and the P75 are the same then?
Which model P25 was it?

> I have configured my P75 according to the manuals.
> Additionally I hav removed all filters but it
> still will not route for me.

You could almost have taken the P25 configuration and copied it
to the equivalent places on the P75....

> The P75 dials my office correctly whenever there
> is an outbound packet and since I removed all
> the filters it dials for broadcasts end everything.
> That's ok for now.

So  are you bridging, rather than routing ??

> I can ping the P75 from my NT box and I can telnet
> into the P75 from my NT. When I check the routing
> tables in the P75 they look ok. And from the P75
> I can ping, traceroute and telnet into hosts both
> in my local subndet and on the WAN connection. If
> I telnet into a machine in my office from the P75
> I can also see that I come from the P75 ip-address.
> All good and well - so far.

Is the P75 set with "proxy mode" set to "active" in the
Mod Config menu?

> It will not route, or forward, any packets for me
> at all, in any direction. So I can't reach my office
> (the WAN) from my NT box in the local subnet. Why?
>
> And, yes, the default gateway in the NT box is set
> to the P75.

How is your account setup with the office side? Are you
allocated a subnet for instance? Are you using NAT?

Are you using the same IP addresses as you did with the P25
setup? When you connect to the office (dial up caused by the
NT box), do you see packets in the WAN stat window
incrementing in both/either direction?

Have you checked out:

http://www.ascend.com/680.html

(Ascend home -> support pages -> config guides -> P75 internet access).

it's probably far more than you need, but may have some check points
you could verify.