(ASCEND) Pipeline 75 DOV trouble

I'm having trouble making a reliable (if any) DOV connection using my
Pipeline 75.  Here's my configuration ...

(my side)
Ascend Pipeline 75 (Software +5.1A+, Hardware Rev. G)  Data Svc=Voice
ISDN provisioned as VOICE/VOICE on both channels.
Apparently the voice only configuration is "desirable" for DOV?

(office)
Livingston PortMaster 2e (Livingston Enterprises PortMaster Version 3.3.3)
One ISDN line provisioned as DATA/VOICE on both channels.
The other 9 lines are DATA/DATA, the last line (DATA/VOICE) was configured
specifically for me.

We have no trouble making DATA 64K or 56K dual channel connections to
the PM from other locations using either the DATA/DATA or DATA/VOICE lines
(using P75's, Netopia, or various ISDN "modems").

I'm unable to make a successful DOV connection.  9 out of 10 times, the
call will be terminated after about 10 seconds.  Other times, my P75 will
display "56K 1 Channels" and the PM will show a succesful login.  Only
once I was able to bring up a telnet window to the remote site, but I was
unable to do anything beyond that (no input was accepted).  I've never
been able to ping a remote site during the 56K connection.  The P75
displays "Qual Good" the whole time any 56K connection is made.

I've checked the configration many times, carefully going over each
option and comparing it to a working P75.  The fact that I can only
SOMETIMES make a 56K connection leads me to believe the problem lies
elsewhere (maybe I need DATA/VOICE provisioning?).  I've already had the
Pipeline replaced (tech support confirmed a hardware problem with the
first one), and there's no trouble with DATA calls to the PM from other
sites.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks.