Re: (ASCEND) Default Entry for Radius?

> Thu Aug 27 16:42:15 1998: rad_forward_acct: from 207.153.108.3 - Invalid/missing 'DEFAULT' entry
> Thu Aug 27 16:42:15 1998: session_acct_func(): from 207.153.108.3 - Invalid/missing 'DEFAULT' entry
>
> How do I stop these messages coming from a Max4048.

The messages are not coming from the Max4048.  The messages are warnings
because radiusd is not able to find a matching user entry.

You can stop the warning messages by adding a DEFAULT entry to the users
file.

> From what I have read default is where clients goto if their login is not
> in the radius file.

Correct.

> Does the max have a certain login when it attaches to the radius server.

I am not sure what you mean here.

> I would put a default login to my radius but what kind of profile would
> the Default login need.

If you are just trying to prevent the messages from being reported, then
I would recommend you add an entry that prohibits all connections.  Since
there is no NAS configuration necessary when rejecting a user, you do not
need any reply items.

Example:

DEFAULT   Prohibit = Prohibit-All