Re: (ASCEND) Imac is here, and it STILL...

Christopher Beaumont wrote:

> According to ZDTV the Imac seems to have a backward compatibility issue
> with its modem. They quoted Apple as saying something to the effect that
> the connection problem (when connecting to ISP's) is because the ISP isnt
> keeping up with technology. Now I am assuming he speaks of V90, which
> leaves me with two thoughts: Are they not able to do remote access to other
> older macs by ARA (not my problem), Does he even have a clue that small and
> large ISP's are having problems with boxes like the TNT and xK's every time
> we try to use the latest code w/ V90.

Well, we don't have a problem with connects. We get 46-48K on both
CT1 and PRI pops with it, and it seems quite stable and actually
kinda cool. I do think it has a market and I wish to hell every Mac user
we have would go out and buy one.

At least we can get these on line, somehow... ;-)

'Shot

--
Darkshot (Michael B. Garrett)
<http://www.gloryroad.net>